Your Richest Life is coming up on its third birthday! I believe it’s important to take the time to look back on the achievements of each year in business. It gives me the chance to reflect on where I’ve been and where I’m going.
One of the best parts of this year was making the InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 list, which is the magazine’s roundup of industry professionals making an impact. I was honored to be named part of that group this year.
Frederick P. Gabriel Jr., editor of the magazine, had this to say about the 2017 InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 honorees:
“Given the passion, dedication and innovative spirit that are hallmarks of the U.S. financial advice industry, it’s not surprising we received more than 800 nominations when we put out our call for this year’s class of InvestmentNews 40 Under 40.
Whittling those nominations down to just 40 honorees was tough. But after reading our honorees’ stories, I have no doubt that InvestmentNews’ readers will feel as inspired and hopeful about the future of the industry as we do.”
Here are more highlights from the past year:
- Spoke at the Texas A&M School of Dentistry
- Contributed to over 25 articles in publications and websites including Business Insider,US News & World Report, Forbes and Bankrate
- Participated in the financial podcasts for Stacking Benjamins, Financially Blonde and Profile Financial
- Was interviewed on NBC News and started my own YouTube channel
- Wrote more than 20 blog posts for my own website
- Shared my experiences and best practices at several financial planning conferences, including the Financial Planning Association of Dallas and XY Planning Network
- My mini-me little girl finished 1st grade and is currently reading at a 3rd grade level. She loves building Lego creations with her dad. My husband is still the #1 fan of Your Richest Life.
It’s amazing how much can change over the course of a few years, but what hasn’t changed is my dedication to helping my clients reach their goals.
The most rewarding part of what I do is watching clients plan their futures, and see those plans come to fruition. Whether that’s through navigating employee and tax benefits, evaluating disability insurance, preparing for an abundant retirement or weighing stock options, I love helping my clients lay a solid foundation for their futures.
I want to thank my biggest supporters, my husband and daughter, for keeping me going with their encouragement and enthusiasm. I am also so thankful for the guidance of my friends and mentors who are always willing to lend advice and perspectives along the way.
I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!
About Your Richest Life
At Your Richest Life, Katie Brewer, CFP®, believes everyone should have access to financial resources and coaching. For more information on the services offered, contact Katie today.